School Development Plan
A Brief Overview of the School Improvement Plan 2016-17
The school’s priorities for the coming academic year are as follows:
Outcomes for children and learners
- To incorporate Inspire Maths/ Singapore maths approach throughout the whole school.
- To introduce Read Write Inc to accelerate attainment and progress in phonics, reading and spelling.
- To introduce further opportunities for pupils to edit and improve their work
- Review the schools resources for Reading to accelerate attainment and progress
- To promote further opportunities for child initiated learning in Early Years
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- To consolidate our use of Primary Progress Toolkit to track pupils’ attainment and progress
- To ensure high quality teaching enables pupils to make rapid progress
- To share observations of pupils in Early Years with their parents electronically
Personal Development Behaviour and Welfare
- To extend the employment our Parent Support Worker to continue our work with families
- To develop a school charter and further develop pupil voice using our Head Boy and Head Girl, and the School Councils.
- To introduce e-cadets to further inform pupils of the benefits and risks of technology.
- To provide a number of opportunities for parents to engage with our new assessment procedures to enable them to support their child/children to ensure they achieve their potential.
Leadership and Management
- Introduce new roles for middle leaders e.g. developing our school as a STEM School, and gain the Primary Science and International Schools Awards.
- To provide Family Learning opportunities in school e.g. for example maths, reading and e-safety
- To develop the impact of the Governing Body.
- To further develop Governor Knowledge with the regard to Raise on Line and Inspector Dashboard.