Applications are invited for the post of Reception Teacher at St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School.
Governors of this successful, happy school wish to appoint a suitably qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and committed Reception teacher to lead a key strategic area.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic, who will play a full part in supporting the Catholic mission of the school, or be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Be highly motivated with the ability to inspire, lead and support other practitioners and members of staff;
- Work with the senior leadership team in developing teaching and learning;
- Be an inspirational Reception teacher who demonstrates outstanding classroom practice;
- Be confident to rigorously monitor, challenge and have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour;
- Be able to bring expertise, vision and creativity to lead the development of the curriculum;
- Be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and other members of the community;
- Be organised and have excellent communication skills,
- Be interested in learning through a range of activities with local businesses.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please telephone Mrs A Hall school secretary to make an appointment to visit on;
Monday 26th March 2018 3.30pm -4.40pm
Tuesday 27th March 2018 1.30pm – 3.30pm
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 29th March 2018 noon.
Lesson observations & interviews: Wednesday 18th April 2018
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Application forms and further details are available on request from the school on receipt of a large stamped addressed envelope or can be downloaded from the links below. Please be aware applications must be on the CES Application Form.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview, if the essential job criteria are met.
Closing date for applications is noon Thursday 29th March 2018
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 18th April 2018
If you have not been invited for interview by 3rd April 2018 please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.